Intelligent means agrees with Me. Once rode the Goodyear Blimp, kissed a gorilla and did some other stuff.
Fred rode the Goodyear blimp, held a moon rock, kissed Koko the gorilla, got stoned with Wavy Gravy, made Mel Torme laugh, met Marlene Dietrich and was rude to Tommy Smothers in an elevator in Dallas or spent an afternoon with Lady Bird Johnson. In 1975 or so I met Marlene Dietrich at the Fairmont Hotel when she performed in the Venetian Room …and more. Oh, did I mention having lunch with Astronaut Bonnie Dunbar (9/2005) or that I rode in a biplane and shot video of Major Gregory “Pappy” Boyington C.O. VMF-214, Black Sheep Squadron
“Just name a hero, and I’ll prove he’s a bum.” – Pappy’s self-assessment
Dr. Dunbar became a NASA astronaut in August 1981. Her technical assignments have included verification of Shuttle flight software at the Shuttle
I like these things: Eclectic, offbeat, motorcycles, cars music, video, animation, politics, guitar, food, wine, potato chips, architecture, travel, blues, TV, Art, San Francisco, Portland & more.
OK, that’s nice he had a few little brushes with fame but, what did HE do? Here’s some of it.
• Played guitar, admittedly poorly but it provided a lifetime of enjoyment and meditation.
• Created a life, a son that grew to a capable successful grown man with children of his own.
• Hopefully brought a little humor & love into the world.
• Made a couple of films & videos. Reporter for a while. Short stint at directing TV.
• Wrote a few things including a bunch of crappy adolescence poetry.
• Managed to ride motorcycle for decades without falling over.
• Drew a few cartoons & pictures.
• In 2011 drag raced his 79 Corvette and had a ball!
Family Credo – Patience my ass, I’m gonna kill something!
DO SOMETHING OR BE FORGOTTEN!
“The breeze of love blows for an hour and makes amends for the ill winds of the whole of a lifetime.”
Beware, for I have found no trade more profitable than the selling of dreams.
– Naguib Mahfouz, Egyptian Writer -1911-2006 –
“It is not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me.” — Batman.